Ponderosa Community Services District 
   Home      News & Events
Board of Director Vacancies
There is currently a vacancy on the Ponderosa CSD board of directors due to the resignation of Mr. Paul Cohen. 
The board of directors voted at the meeting on June 13, 2019 to fill this vacancy by appointment.
This will be a short term due to expire in December 2020. Anyone wishing to be appointed must submit an application to the board for review and determination during or before the next regular board meeting on July 11, 2019.
Additionally there is a second vacancy due to the resignation of Mr. William Benton prior to the general election in November 2018. The appointment period for this vacancy has expire, therefore the board has resolved to hold a special election for this vacancy. The election will be consolidated with a general election in November 2019. Anyone wishing to fill this seat will need to file a declaration of candidacy with the Tulare County Registrar of Voters during the open nomination period later this year. Information will be made available at the appropriate time.

In spite of the Governor's declaring the end of a state wide drought, the State Water Resource Board still requires water systems to reduce and report annual water usage. Therefore, the PCSD Board requests property owners reduce water use and conserve water whenever possible. Ordinance 2014-1-W Restrictions on Water Use is in effect and will be enforced as necessary. On behalf of the Board, thank you for your cooperation!

SCE – Bark Beetle Tree Removal Project

SCE is working with federal, state, and local agencies to remove dead, dying and diseased trees that were weakened by an insect called the bark beetle and by years of drought. This situation poses a potential hazard to people and property in affected communities, as well as to our electricity facilities.

SCE has an ongoing contract for removal of dead bark beetle trees, even if located on private property. Property owners may contact SCE customer service, contact arborist for P&J, Terry Dollar (tdollar@pandj.com), contact Phillips and Jordan corporate directly (800.955.0876), or send preferences to the PCSD secretary (secretary@ponderosacsd.com). 

SCE customer service contact:
If your trees have grown into or near power lines, pruning requires the expertise of a qualified line-clearance arborist.To report trees growing into or near power lines, call us at 1-800-655-4555.


2013-2014 Water System Improvement Project - archived updates